There are a number of Study Skills information evenings being organised by the Education Center Tralee.
These workshops give really good information, tips and techniques on areas ranging from adjusting to the transition from primary school to secondary, preparing for junior certificate exams and leaving certificate exams.
The workshops cover areas such as:
• Know your Learning Profile.
• Learn how food, sleep and exercise have a dramatic impact on learning
• Become time efficient and organised, forever!
• Effective notes – See the big picture immediately with Mind Mapping
• Introduction to Memory Strategies for long term memory learning.
• Know the difference between Studying Hard & Studying Smart.
• Eliminate ‘last minute cramming’ forever.
The 1st Years workshop will especially focus on
• Easy organisation for 1st year.
• Increase your focus and concentration
• Memory skills for school
Each workshop costs €10 and are scheduled as follows:
Junior Cert. Students – Monday 26th September 5.00pm – 7.00pm
Leaving Cert. Students- Tuesday 27th September 5.00pm – 7.00pm
1st Year Students – Monday 3rd October 5.00pm – 7.00pm
There are also a number of workshops for parents of students and are scheduled as follows:
Parents of Leaving and Junior Cert. students – Wednesday 28th September 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Parents of 1st Year students – Tuesday 4th October 7:30pm – 9:00pm
For more information and how to book please contact The Education Centre, Dromtacker, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
at 066-7195000 or email at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Sept 23rd.